Living in South Florida is paradise for most people. No one ever has to worry about cold weather, snow and the problems that brings. It is necessary to keep the interior of homes as comfortable as possible (especially in the South Florida Summer).
We take energy efficiency extremely seriously for two reasons. First, building energy efficient homes saves our homeowners thousands of dollars a year. Having an energy efficient home makes the most financial sense for you and your family. Second, using energy efficient building techniques and appliances reduces our homeowners’ energy footprint and is environmentally responsible.
At RJM Custom Homes, we focus on two main avenues of maintaining energy efficiency: Construction and Appliances.
Energy Efficient Construction
Many people don’t realize, but most energy is lost in homes that have been poorly constructed. Doors, windows and walls all offer opportunities for energy (in the form of heat) to penetrate the interior living environment or escape it. When you want to make sure that your HVAC system is not working overtime to heat or cool the outside, this is very important.
We use the most current building technologies to make sure that your home does not lose energy in this way. These technologies include, but are not limited to:
- Low “E” Impact Double Pane Insulated Windows. These windows also aid in hurricane/storm protection and can provide discounts on your home insurance.
- Spray Foam Insulation. Spray foam insulation prevents the heat/cold from entering the attic spaces, thus creating a complete seal of the home. Green home benefits include energy efficiency, no loose fiberglass, and cleaner air quality.
- 1 Foil Wrap Exterior Walls. These walls literally prevent heat transfer from leaking or penetrating through the walls. In short, we seal your cool air in and keep the hot air out.
- Insulated Fiber Glass Doors. Windows and doors are the greatest sources of energy loss. Our doors seal tight and reduce energy loss.
Energy Efficient Appliances
Our construction is designed specifically to prevent the unnecessary loss of energy inside of your home. Our appliances are designed to use the least amount of energy possible to maintain all of your living and comfort standards.
We have carefully selected these appliances and work with companies that offer the most technologically advanced energy efficient products on the market today. They include, but are not limited to:
- Quick Recovery Energy Efficient Water Heater. These water heaters can heat water more quickly and efficiently for a larger demand than other water heaters. That means in the morning when everyone is getting ready for school and work, you won’t be taking cold showers or waiting for the water to heat up.
- High Efficiency Carrier HVAC System. Of all the parts of your house, in South Florida, this is the most important. It does exactly what its name implies: Provides cool, clean air with high efficiency.
- Moen Water Saving Faucets and Showerheads. Water conservation is extremely important to our future. You’ll never have to worry about water pressure with Moen, but behind the scenes, they do everything they can to save water.
- Other Energy Efficient Products. Technology changes all the time. We are constantly looking for the latest technologies for our appliances. Contact us to find which appliances we are currently using.